Only 1(one) piece can be bought online. For project quantity orders, please contact us at email@example.com to receive a freight quote. See more details below under PRICING & SHIPPING.
With their unique tapered shape, these highly versatile, molded concrete pathway pavers are the sustainable, do-it-yourself alternative to typical flagstones, brick style pavers or formed and poured concrete for paths and walkways. Their tapered form allows for the design of infinitely varying pathways. They can be installed in a straight line, curves or even a full circle (requires 32 pieces to create a circle of approximately 10' 6" diameter with a 48" inch open center) to create inspirational, meandering pathways that respect existing landscape schemes, or to add both visual and functional detail to new landscape designs. They can be installed on flat ground or over gently sloping contours.
Big Grass Living is the only US source for Wandering Path Pavers.
Benefits vs. alternatives
- Wandering Path Pavers are cost-competitive with typical formed and poured sidewalks.
- Environmentally friendly, the pavers can be easily removed and rearranged.
- Compared to poured concrete walkways, installation is less labor-intensive, expensive and damaging to existing landscapes, and accommodates future design changes and additions without costly demolition.
- Long-lasting, wire-reinforced concrete ensures that pavers remain intact over time.
Composition and color
- Handmade in Thailand, the pavers’ robust wood grain pattern is created using latex molds of heavily weathered teak wood planks, lending natural, long-lasting sophistication to gardens, patios, pool sides or entryways. Several different molds are used to avoid any obvious repetition in paver patterns.
- The pavers are offered in unstained, light gray concrete. Custom color staining and sealing after installation is easily accomplished using concrete stain/sealant products available at home improvement stores. This coloring and sealing step also provides protection for use in areas of freezing temperatures.
Dimensions and installation
- 38.5" L x 4 1/2" (W-narrow end) 12" (W-wide end) x 2" D. Weight is 44 pounds per paver piece.
- For estimating purposes, 1.4 pavers are required per 1 foot of walkway. A curving walkway's length can be easily estimated by laying a garden hose along the desired path, marking the beginning and end points on the hose, then measuring the distance between marks on the straightened hose. Then multiply this distance in feet by 1.4 to arrive at the quantity needed for the pathway.
- For foot traffic only, the pavers are easily installed as part of any existing landscape design, requiring only a coarse sand base over firm level ground or, ideally, over suitably prepared standard compacted paver base material.
- The pavers can be cut and shaped as needed using a standard wet saw or angle grinder.
- Due to their larger surface area, these pavers don't move or settle as easily as smaller, brick-style pavers. Installation is quicker and easier, resulting in savings on installation.
PRICING & SHIPPING
A sample paver may be ordered online or by calling us at (210) 735-7999. To order a single sample online, please enter 1 in the quantity field above. Please email us with the delivery address for a UPS quote. Project quantity orders will ship via freight at MUCH lower per/piece rates.
We ship from our San Antonio, TX warehouse using an economical freight consolidator. Approximate freight charges for a crated order of 40 paver pieces with lift gate service (1700 lbs approx.) for the following cities are: Portland OR: $435, Los Angeles CA: $375, Dallas TX: $265, Miami FL: $430, Atlanta GA: $350, Boston MA: $550., Santa Fe: $415, Denver: $335, Long Island: $545.
For a shipping quote for your specific address, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide the delivery address (indicate commercial or residential), the quantity of pavers needed for your project, and whether a dock or forklift is available for off-loading. Freight quotes will include lift gate service unless you indicate that you have a forklift or dock for off-loading at the destination. Lift gate services are charged by the freight carrier at a rate of $75 to $95.
Please read the information above regarding estimating project quantities needed, freight, ordering and basic installation instructions.