Bring More Meaning toYour Holidays
The holidays are upon us again. Typical scenario: come December 23rd, you’ll still be trying to scratch that final name off your list during a last-minute gift-buying spree as you down cup after cup of hyper-caffeinated peppermint mocha trying to erase the stress headache that erupted after busting your holiday budget.
If we’ve learned anything from this past year’s economic trials and tribulations, simplicity is a good thing and “meaning” is more meaningful than ever. At Big Grass, we’d like to help bring more simplicity and meaning to the holidays for everyone. To help you plan better this year, we’ve created a variety of gift collections to make shopping more budget-friendly.
And as always, every treasure you find at Big Grass has a meaningful story behind it – from the artisan family co-ops that make our stylish décor items, to the culturally significant Thai-yabera shirts for men made from traditional silk sarong fabrics, to the uber-hot and trendy handbags made by landmine survivors in Cambodia.
We’ve hand selected a few collections of our favorite gift items to help you out…without breaking the bank. Stop in today, enjoy a complimentary cup of Zhi tea and see what’s in store to bring simplicity and meaning to your holiday.
1. A great gift for anyone! Zhi Tea’s aromatic blends come in six tempting flavors from exotic to heavenly. Stylish recyclable aluminum canisters are ready-made for gift-giving, especially when coupled with our tea strainers or gorgeous porcelain tea sets. Organic, fair trade.
2. Bamboo Tealight Lanterns are both functional and beautiful, casting a warm glow from a natural sanded bamboo node with a blown glass hurricane cover. Wonderful hostess or office gift.
3. For your Zen friends! The Bamboo Box & Incense Set features intricate handcarving finished in dark or natural tones, plus a selection of exotic scents. Hand-sanded bamboo culm makes a beautiful jewelry box or chic storage piece.
1. For the chef or the hostess: Bambu® Cutting Boards are sustainably-produced, stylish and durable. Pair with Bambu serving pieces for a special kitchen-themed gift basket.
2. Porcelain Hurricane Lanterns are based on traditional Thai hanging lantern forms, but modernized for indoor and outdoor decorating. Stylish embossing and handpainted patterns convey a contemporary yet exotic attitude.
3. And for the fashionista, Hand Embroidered Cotton Bags in many styles and colors! Laotian hill tribes style these contemporary takes on traditional graphic themes to create casual, colorful and crisp looks for all seasons.
1. For the tea enthusiast or collector: Porcelain Tea Sets. Three styles from
traditional to contemporary. Embossed, handpainted and fired, the workmanship and quality will make these an heirloom.
2. This sturdy, nine bottle Bamboo Wine Rack for the wine enthusiast. Superb workmanship includes rod and dowel joinery, with no unsightly nails or screws. The cube form is perfect for compact spaces or set end to end for larger wine collections.
3. Bloom Bags are the hottest urban trend in NY and London. Messenger bags, purses, gym totes and more made of recycled Vietnamese rice bags. Featuring top quality construction with fabric linings, zipper pockets & accessories. Made by landmine survivors in a Cambodian woman-owned cooperative.